9%
[ 3 ] 9%

It's really poor - one of their worst if not their worst album
6%
[ 2 ] 6%

Total votes : 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Simple as that. It's basically out now, and we've heard it, and opinion is very heated in its thread, so let's pul it on a scale.

What do you think of the new album. Select whichever is closest to you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Good album.

Edit:

Album impressions.

The character of the sound is similar to the one we got in the latest albums but this time it is more detailed and feels more organic.

Arrangement-wise, it feels like it was rushed.

It definitely needed a more atmospheric tune (and "Need Some1" as a b-side).

Unlike TDIME it contains more "good" or "ok" tracks but there is no "iconic" tune in it. The previous album contained a beast of a tune called TDIME.

Not better than AONO but better than the 2 previous albums.

My favourite tunes: No Tourist, Give Me a Signal, Light Up The Sky.
My least favourite: Boom Boom Tab, Need Some1.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Its very good but not Liams best.

Best ones are the experience b-sides and the jilted album but this is the third favorite album despite being short.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:20 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Decent record.
Better than tdime, imd, aono, tbh.

Glad to hear liam making proper dance tunes again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Been browsing about and i thought i'd throw over my input to the poll, I wanted to share my experience with anyone who might have a similar one to mine.

I've given the album a 7 in my opinion with 1 being absolute trash and 10 being the best album ever created. I'm Really happy with it.

Their Live experience in 2018 was probably the most impressive lightshow and the stage set was the most impressive i've seen since Their Law Tour in 05'. Instead of two Massive bass drums we had two full sized double decker busses. Sound is much more on point too. Same venue this time as 05 but didn't go deaf for two weeks in my right ear like i did in 05' Few of their gigs i've been too especially IMD ERA they had way too much bass to hear the mids and highs of the songs. Huge improvement since then live.

I'd say on CD besides NeedSome1 every track is a good banger for me. Everyone of them screams The Prodigy's multiple styles and makes a ton of references to older subgenres that they have. Its a fantastic Chemistry of music Liam was able to put together this time. Maybe a bit too much voodoo synth in this (Think it was in like 3 or 4 out of the 10 songs right?) Still love it though, Just want even more variation with referencing older instruments & samples.

Timebomb Zone is one of my favourite so far and next to No Tourist's my most listened to track out of them so far.

No Tourists holds a special place for me, Listening to that takes me right back to the gig i was at for the album release. The intro was an amazing experience with projectors and a massive curtain drop to reveal the stage set and Liam used an intro version with some samples ("There Will Be No Returns") along with the horns you hear in the studio release.
It sounds very Gundown/Early AONO style that they had back then. Just refined, Modernized. Really on point. The song is like a Journey for me and i'm sure it will be for anyone attending the tour this year.

Champions of London is the best live i'd say. They must have extended and remixed the last part of the song live, Maxim shouted out to all the DJ's for coming on tonight and saying this one's for you. It doubled up in speed by the feel of it and carnage just unleashed, The atmosphere really changed. Shit like that makes me wonder why it was left out? Maybe done after it was mastered and ready for print. I just would love to hear it again live. It would have really made the track stand out for me if it was in the studio version.

I think the tracks in this album where designed especially for live performance. I really don't enjoy NeedSome1 but i was on fire with it Live and it sounded fantastic. Its weird. But at home it's just a different atmosphere and i'm more confused by the song than anything. Its like a failed attempt at No Good or something with that vocal sample to me. I'm sure if it had a different sample used i'd probably enjoy the track more. Wasn't good that when this was the first track we heard, I was worried the rest of the album would sound very similar. I'd say this sticks out more than Boom Boom Tap. Good opener though, get it out the way right from the start like a strip tease and then you get to the unexpected climax when Light Up The Sky dropped.

Resonate has my ears tripping balls. The vocoder work and synthesis design is so good. I'm just curious how it was done so well, There's times i can't tell if its a bassline or a vocoder and its just an Amazing blend of sounds.

The drums are probably my favourite out of the whole album. They are powerful, Tribal influences. You can really shake to that shit. Shame to have not heard that one live but it would work amazingly and sure we will see it on the setlist someday soon if not already. I don't have a Number 1 but Resonate is definitely one of my top songs from the album.

Those where all notable mentions for me, Everything else i just generally enjoy and love listening to, My only complaint is the Ten tracks bro. 15 would have been a nice sweet spot for me to be satisfied. It ends way too sudden for me, Give me a signal seems like such an opener to another realm but then it just........stops. I'm just craving more at this point and i've a strong feeling more will be on the way soon.

Really top notch for me though, It's not a bad thing that my biggest complaint is wanting more. Just shows you how strong the album hits me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
this album is fuckin' awesome, coz of the real new sound since IMD