<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Unpopular opinions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Warrior's Dance is the weakest track on IMD.

The chipmunk sample spoils TMTTH a bit. GYFO is actually better than TMTTH because it doesn't have such a sample.

We Live Forever is good, but more than half of the tracks on TDIME are better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Damn, I could have said the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:23 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
gcx wrote:

I understand. I could have said the opposite of a lot of the previous opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:54 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
n/a wrote:
gcx wrote:

It's all good man, I hope you're still getting your share of kicks from the new albums anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:23 pm
gcx wrote:
n/a wrote:
gcx wrote:

It's all good man, I hope you're still getting your share of kicks from the new albums anyway.

I most probably will, but I have to wait still. There hasn't been a Prodigy album I've not enjoyed or one that I would rate lower than 8/10, so I doubt NT would be an exception, given that I rate 3 of the 4 tracks at least 8/10.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
if No Souvenirs were that great, it would have been released at some point. Probably it's hyped and average.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
if No Souvenirs were that great, it would have been released at some point. Probably it's hyped and average.

I think Liam won't release it just because people keep on demanding it and it is probably average. He stated that there are a few versions of it and I think he simply moved on from that place a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:19 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I love, what you call '' The Chipmunk'' samples. I would love it on most Prodigy tracks. It has this early rave era retro feel to it. Some of my favourite tracks has those, incl. Hyperspeed, Jericho, TMTTH, Out of Space, Fire, We Live Forever, Retribution 93...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:40 am
I think it is embarrasing that most people like Boom Boom Tap. I think it is the worst thing they have done along with Ibiza and (You'll Be) Under My Wheels. They should have put the new Benny Blanco or the Jaws fill in instead...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 am
Plain_John wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

I think Liam won't release it just because people keep on demanding it and it is probably average. He stated that there are a few versions of it and I think he simply moved on from that place a long time ago.

Well, about 10 people have the promotion CD with the 2 mixes + Trigger, Nuclear & BGAT. Someday one of these guys doesn't care about it anymore, and will be selling it on Ebay, and earn $$$$$$$$ on it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 am
gcx wrote:
Stopped at "NT sounds like a seamless continuation to TDIME".

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No point reading further, all credibility has been lost already.

Luckily, the day of your reckoning is coming soon.

Toodeloo. :P

Well, it does sound like that. Maybe your ears just don't want to hear it.

Need Some1 & Boom Boom Tap sounds like b-sides from TDIME or even IMD.
Light Up The Sky, sounds like a darker & brutal Wild Frontier, but more fresh though.
We Live Forever, same bassline as TMTTH & GYFO, but still I enjoy very much.
No Tourists & Resonate sounds like the cousins to Medicine
Fight Fire With Fire has the same sound/vibe as TDIME (Liam H Remix)
Champions Of London sounds like a mix between Rok-Weiler, Roadblox & Run With The Wolves.

I think he is quite right

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Trawizz wrote:
I think it is embarrasing that most people like Boom Boom Tap. I think it is the worst thing they have done along with Ibiza and (You'll Be) Under My Wheels. They should have put the new Benny Blanco or the Jaws fill in instead...

I agree on this as well. Sound is good, but production is damn awful and monotone. It is just an album filler in my opinion and this just not good. The best track 4 me is Resonate....then there are trax as No Tourists and Give Me A Signal which deserves much more respect than Boom Boom Tap.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:49 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Trawizz wrote:
Plain_John wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Well, about 10 people have the promotion CD with the 2 mixes + Trigger, Nuclear & BGAT. Someday one of these guys doesn't care about it anymore, and will be selling it on Ebay, and earn $$$$$$$$ on it!

what promo are you talking about? what promo is that? tell me for fuck's sake!!!! :D

I mean, does it really exist? It's not on discogs and it is something that people would boast about. On the other hard, it is a qwell known fact that some people are arrogant and selfish cunts when it comes to rare stuff so I won't be surprised at all

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Trawizz wrote:
gcx wrote:
Stopped at "NT sounds like a seamless continuation to TDIME".

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No point reading further, all credibility has been lost already.

Luckily, the day of your reckoning is coming soon.

Toodeloo. :P

Well, it does sound like that. Maybe your ears just don't want to hear it.

Need Some1 & Boom Boom Tap sounds like b-sides from TDIME or even IMD.
Light Up The Sky, sounds like a darker & brutal Wild Frontier, but more fresh though.
We Live Forever, same bassline as TMTTH & GYFO, but still I enjoy very much.
No Tourists & Resonate sounds like the cousins to Medicine
Fight Fire With Fire has the same sound/vibe as TDIME (Liam H Remix)
Champions Of London sounds like a mix between Rok-Weiler, Roadblox & Run With The Wolves.

I think he is quite right

righty right my brother.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:59 pm
So, if The Prodigy sounds like The Prodigy, is that an unpopular opinion?