<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
gcx wrote:

I still haven't received my CD, it will arrive only in december. :shock:
Seems Amazon didn't stack up enough albums for North America, which might be a sign that they expected it to bomb and that it's selling much more than expected. That or NEOREV bought all of them again.

Fuck Amazon!
I bought my CD from ImportCDs for $7! Also picked up the cassette from them. My order was $14 and change plus $4 to ship it. If I pick up a CD, I usually use ImportCDs as they have the best prices. They have substores on Amazon and eBay, but prices are a little higher there.

The CD is back in stock on ImportCDs and still only $7.04. The vinyl has been in stock. Sadly the tape is now on back order, but they may get more.

I shop with the little store and give them my support rather than an Amazon. I grabbed the violet vinyl before its release through my local record shop. I probably would have bought the vinyl from ImportCDs for the cheaper price, but couldn't pass up having it a week early.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
After a week, my ratings have not changed much, if at all. First album without a definite 10/10 tune for me, but still pretty good overall.

1. NS1 6,5
2. LUTS 9,5
3. WLF 8,5
4. NT 9
5. FFWF 8
6. TBZ 9
7. COL 8
8. BBT 8
9. Res 9,5
10. GMAS 9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:06 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Pity Liam isnt singing alot.

Isnt it he who said "welcome.. my friends" in Wall of Death? I expected more of him this album. :wink:

Such a voice, he should sing like the rest of the band.

Honestly i would switch Give me a Signal with Need Some 1 in the tracklist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
PaulParis wrote:
ok here's my review after one week of listeining

7. CHOL - what a grower..didn't exactly feel it when i first heard it, but now...man i just can't stop listen 2 it in my car. Got 2 listen 2 it really loud. What a drums, best ever, Keith vocal works it really well..definitly better than RWTW. 9/10

Same here. I actually like it now, and "because" of my car :)) I listen to it a lot and it's quite a dangerous track to play while driving :))

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 am
GruntGruntPosts: 17Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 am
here for my 2 cents....this album actually shows a lot of odd bit of potential all over the place..... Boom Boom Tap is clearly Liam experimenting which is good cause we need that, always felt not enough creativity when he transitioned to Reason(not sure if he's still using it); would be nice to see less lyrical tracks, feel that was never their thing and they haven't proved it otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1014Location: SpainJoined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 am
WTF... a video for Timebomb zone? didn't hear about it...

Quote:
Music video for "Timebomb Zone" by The Prodigy off the new album No Tourists.
New album out now.
Visit theprodigy.com
Video produced by Latefox Pictures & Smak Studios for The Prodigy
Directed Gabriel Carrer
Cinematography by Scott McIntyre

https://vimeo.com/298520653

Edit: after trying to get some info about it I finally found the original video withouth TBZ track. It seems to be a short movie called VENTABLVCK

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPsBdqRb0k

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:54 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
@skhelllter:

About the political aspect > I heard that too. He takes no position, and I find it disappointing (but he does what he wants, it's just my opinion). He said the same thing with MFTJG, he recognized the fact that the record had this iconic aspect at the time of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, but that the band had never been involved (He probably left it to PWEI.). Yes, FFWF is a fully assumed political track, just like the whole of Ho999o9's work so far.

@Fakin ill:

I agree about Howlett's voice ! I love his participation on Rise Of The Eagles, what a fabulous track, maybe my favorite of TDIME.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:44 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Don't forget Howlett's vocal contribution to Poison... at least the intro anyway :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
2 cents:

1. need some1: always found it a cool groove. The most modern sounding track on this album somehow. Especially the synths and the dubstep-ish fx on it. Beat is a bit of a let down, just not so smooth sounding as a diesel power or poison. Other than that cool groove. I like how it is not "scream down your throat" but otherwise feels musically lacking. It's a bit too empty and does not touch Invaders or Girls as a single. 6

2. Light up the sky: the intro is awesome, but when the beat kicks in you already heard almost everything the track has to offer. Vocals + intro and then the beat with guitar. It never goes anywhere, it doesn't lift you up. It stops everytime you want it to go further or louder or funkier. 7

3. We live forever: I like the beat, not so much the intro melody. The one later is awesome and the 303 works great. Finally a tune you can dance to. The lack of a really great melody lets the tune a bit down, otherwise a great tune. 8,5

4. No tourist: Gun reprise-ish, we need that tune too btw. I love the airhorn thing and the vocoder underneath. Wish the airhorn was actually introduced without the beat and then BAM, like in the instragram post, but ah well. 8.5

5. fight fire with fire: i like the 'we fight fire with firreeeeee' bit and the beat, otherwise it's just a noisy tune, bit of a letdown. Not really bad but not great. 7

6. Timebomb zone: holy shit the beat dancy groovy funky beat since funky shit. The deep kick in the middle is awesome! best tune since FAT. 10 ++++

7. champions of london: doesn't beat the original warning and the bass gets tedious, but love the feel of it. 8

8. boom boom tap: funny tune, but not very memorable: 7

9. Resonate: 9.5: I love it, but fails to lift you up further, maybe because the beat + melody don't go together. shame. otherwise the best melody since music reach.

10. give me a signal: 2. what the ? How come people like this? The 303 is just thrown in at random. Every ingredient in this tune doesn't mix with the others. There is no melody. No interesting beat. No definition in the beat or....do i jump or mosh to this? or sit back and listen? Not close to stand up, claustrophobic sting..even fuel my fire was a better tune cause at least it was catchy. Shoot down as well. Too bad. I think the idea was there but I don't feel this one.

all in all.....pretty cool album, not sure if I prefer IMD or this one. Timebomb zone did what hospital and warriors couldn't do: bring back the dance. But Invaders, Omen and Thunder are better songs.

(also was there love for piranha in this thread? count me in, great track, shame of the horns tho).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:39 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Jr wrote:
2 cents:

1. need some1: always found it a cool groove. The most modern sounding track on this album somehow. Especially the synths and the dubstep-ish fx on it. Beat is a bit of a let down, just not so smooth sounding as a diesel power or poison. Other than that cool groove. I like how it is not "scream down your throat" but otherwise feels musically lacking. It's a bit too empty and does not touch Invaders or Girls as a single. 6

2. Light up the sky: the intro is awesome, but when the beat kicks in you already heard almost everything the track has to offer. Vocals + intro and then the beat with guitar. It never goes anywhere, it doesn't lift you up. It stops everytime you want it to go further or louder or funkier. 7

3. We live forever: I like the beat, not so much the intro melody. The one later is awesome and the 303 works great. Finally a tune you can dance to. The lack of a really great melody lets the tune a bit down, otherwise a great tune. 8,5

4. No tourist: Gun reprise-ish, we need that tune too btw. I love the airhorn thing and the vocoder underneath. Wish the airhorn was actually introduced without the beat and then BAM, like in the instragram post, but ah well. 8.5

5. fight fire with fire: i like the 'we fight fire with firreeeeee' bit and the beat, otherwise it's just a noisy tune, bit of a letdown. Not really bad but not great. 7

6. Timebomb zone: holy shit the beat dancy groovy funky beat since funky shit. The deep kick in the middle is awesome! best tune since FAT. 10 ++++

7. champions of london: doesn't beat the original warning and the bass gets tedious, but love the feel of it. 8

8. boom boom tap: funny tune, but not very memorable: 7

9. Resonate: 9.5: I love it, but fails to lift you up further, maybe because the beat + melody don't go together. shame. otherwise the best melody since music reach.

10. give me a signal: 2. what the ? How come people like this? The 303 is just thrown in at random. Every ingredient in this tune doesn't mix with the others. There is no melody. No interesting beat. No definition in the beat or....do i jump or mosh to this? or sit back and listen? Not close to stand up, claustrophobic sting..even fuel my fire was a better tune cause at least it was catchy. Shoot down as well. Too bad. I think the idea was there but I don't feel this one.

all in all.....pretty cool album, not sure if I prefer IMD or this one. Timebomb zone did what hospital and warriors couldn't do: bring back the dance. But Invaders, Omen and Thunder are better songs.

(also was there love for piranha in this thread? count me in, great track, shame of the horns tho).

People like Give Me A Signal because it's fucking great, m8.
I love the melodies used and the acid riff. It's soooo good, imo of course!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:40 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Right on the edge! Love it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:51 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I don't get it, but glad other people like it :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:33 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Give me a signal is very.. chaotic.. Not a fave. Not bad, tho.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
Gajwan wrote:
Don't forget Howlett's vocal contribution to Poison... at least the intro anyway :rofl:

And Their Law!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:32 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 241Location: Athens, GRJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:28 am
My beef with signal is that the 303 reminds me a lot of Wink. Other than that it's a pretty darn good closer imo.