<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Favourite Prodigy Music Video and why?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 3Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:05 pm
As much as SMBU is a masterpiece, I've always favourites the No Good music video. Dark, raw and the Prodigy at their peak.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Breathe - dark, energetic, groovy, and fits the tune perfectly. Has the vibe of a horror movie, which is great, and there are some neat visual effects. All of them have never looked better in a video and it also was the last video with Leeroy. I would argue that this is in fact The Prodigy at their peak (96-97). In 94-95, as great as that period has been, they were just approaching the peak.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
No Good was their best video

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:30 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Best Ones
1. Breathe
2. Spitfire
3. Girls
4. Wild frontier
5. Nasty
6. Light up the sky
7. Voodoo people
8. Smack my bitch up
9. No good
10. Poison

Worst Ones
1. Hotride
2. Need some1
3. Timebomz zone
4. Fire
5. Wind it up
6. Invaders must die
7. BGAT
8. Omen
9. Ibiza
10. Get your fight on

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Trawizz wrote:
Best Ones
1. Breathe
2. Spitfire
3. Girls
4. Wild frontier
5. Nasty
6. Light up the sky
7. Voodoo people
8. Smack my bitch up
9. No good
10. Poison

Worst Ones
1. Hotride
2. Need some1
3. Timebomz zone
4. Fire
5. Wind it up
6. Invaders must die
7. BGAT
8. Omen
9. Ibiza
10. Get your fight on

+1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:56 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Best Ones :Firestarter:

1. No good (overall mood, coolness, ageless, fits perfectly with the tune and its message)
2. Breathe (filled with danger and controversy, pure creep and ATTACK! attitude)
3. Firestarter (iconic)
4. Voodoo people (good story with inventive scenes)
5. Girls (Different, back in the days and it still makes you ask yourself what is this ..in a good way!)
6. Light up the sky (glowing aliens or sci-FI elements always had a sweet spot on me)
7. Nasty (really nice atmosphere and cool combination of real footage from real world and graphics)
8. Wild frontier (nice animation work with cool story)
9. Spitfire (captures the live performance feel)
10. Poison (claustrophobic party or madness sting to it)
+ Hotride (the violent one which got thrown away as TOO violent or violent without purpose, which I don't get..)

Worst Ones (from the most worst to least worst) :roll:

1. Get your fight on (no idea why the have done this kind of cheaply made music video to represent themselves or their music)
2. Take me to the hospital (does not do justice this kind of violent and brilliant track)
3. About all the Experience era videos (they all are a bit out dated)
4. Ibiza (a bit too goofy for my taste and takes the edge away from that track)
5. Time bomb zone (OK it is violent but the editing and the rhythm of the cuts do not work together with that awesome tune)
6. SMBU (at first view looked cool and dangerous but over the years a way too overestimated)
7. Invaders must die (this video has its qualities but could have worked maybe better with another tune?)
8. Omen (good tune and the use of that creepy girl with the xylophone is effective but video contains way too much live material for my taste. Why they try to capture the live atmosphere in their official videos even if it is almost impossible to do it right!?)
9. Need some1 (with these kind of videos i kind of want some special effects or some unnatural elements in it)
10. BGAT (actually the idea or storyboard of this video is quite good but the implementation doesn't work with all the scenes, I maybe could have wanted more rawness and filth (like dust, dirt, smoke etc.) in the scenes with the band or something)

Last edited by Lastu on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 am, edited 11 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
SMBU for the tits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Antz wrote:
SMBU for the tits.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW