<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  09.12.2018 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:32 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 218Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm
Boudewijn wrote:
mouzz wrote:
Was my 17th Prodigy gig and it had some great moments but have seem them better. Felt short and rushed with several tracks cut short. Seems to be the main complaint I'm seeing online.

Highlights for me were the D&B ending of Voodoo People. The end of the main set with Light Up The Sky, No Good and Smack (they cranked up the bass of for this one!).

And the whole encore which was We Live Forever, Fire, Out of Space (cut short), Hospital and closing the show with Timebomb Zone. TBZ is nice as an ender, worried a bit when they started OOS right after Fire but luckily we got the whole encore.

From the new tracks LUTS, We Live Forever and TmeBomb Zone work are my live favorites.

Out Of Space was definitely played too early.

I quite liked OOS straight after Fire. Liam should make a mash-up of several Experience tracks, better than just cutting tracks short.

Video of Fire followed by Out Of Space:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Lim3DYfFk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Just back from Amsterdam, always wanted to see them in Europe so treated me and my sister to the flight and gig...

Only thing is our tickets were in seating, was interesting to see a gig that way but the crowd from what I could see were pretty static as soon as you looked back from the pits... compared to Leeds a few weeks back where the whole place was jumping this lacked atmosphere, it looked fucking ace at the front though!

Also I've never been to a gig and had a guy next to me buy a fruit smoothie and put his feet up, everyone in seating was really restrained and just sat filming most of it near me.

Highlight was that mad Ant man from Russia bouncing all over the crowd :o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
subtract wrote:
Just back from Amsterdam, always wanted to see them in Europe so treated me and my sister to the flight and gig...

Only thing is our tickets were in seating, was interesting to see a gig that way but the crowd from what I could see were pretty static as soon as you looked back from the pits... compared to Leeds a few weeks back where the whole place was jumping this lacked atmosphere, it looked fucking ace at the front though!

Also I've never been to a gig and had a guy next to me buy a fruit smoothie and put his feet up, everyone in seating was really restrained and just sat filming most of it near me.

Dutch crowd is the most boring I've seen in the world. Try Germany, or Serbia.. or Russia.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Boudewijn wrote:
subtract wrote:

Dutch crowd is the most boring I've seen in the world. Try Germany, or Serbia.. or Russia.

I got to Awakenings every year, normally a really up for it crowd but guess that's more international

UK crowds are fucking insane compared to Holland :-|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I had a great time , no Benny Blanco this time around but hearing the new stuff live was good enough for me :-D

Timebomb Zone :evilflame: :evilflame: :evilflame:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Did they finally play We Gonna Rock?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
First time seeing them outside of the UK for me.

I moved to Amsterdam recently, so seemed like as good a time as any.

On the whole enjoyed the gig, only managed to snipe tickets for seated area which was a shame, but the crowd where we were got up on their feet quick enough. Though my dad still has more energy than most people to be honest, even in his 60's now. He took me to see the Prodigy for the first time when I was 12 in Glasgow, I've seen them countless times with him since, he still loves them as much as I do.

On the whole I thought they put on a good show, pretty much the entire encore was a highlight for me since I haven't really been keeping up with setlists, etc so was complete surprise to me when they played Fire. I think We Live Forever was probably the highlight of the night though, favourite track off the new record and it doesn't disappoint live.

:cheers: