<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
I haven't wrote my review of the new album until now. wow.

I listened to it immensely after it released, kept pause for some time and now listened to it again after few months.

I can feel it that Liam wrote that quite quickly. Album has a good flow. Nothing brand new sonically, but really consistent. AND FUN! I really looking forward to hear more tracks live.

In the end and i think single release choices wasn't that bad at all. Need Some 1 and Light Up The Sky are great tracks, almost highlights of the album for me. NS1 is exactly what it is, INTRO, 2 minutes of little madness with bit groove to kick off the rest of it. I forkin love it.

It still is Proper prodigy MADNESS. I thank Liam that he is still up to wrecking himself for giving us that stuff.
Prodigy music isn't something to analyze too much IT's just to 'let it go'!

It is difficult to compare post 2000 stuff to albums like MFTJG and FOTL. You can strike brilliance only so many times.

But comparing No Tourist to IMD and TDIME for example, i like it more as complete album, from beginning to end.

I would give:

IMD - 7.9

TDIME - 8

NT - 8.2

FOTL, MFTJG above 9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
The Prodigy's No Tourists #3 in top selling cassette tapes of 2018...

https://www.nme.com/news/best-selling-c ... 18-2428819

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
What the fok is this silence???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:49 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:
What the fok is this silence???

We are waiting for Nightmare's review.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
We Live Forever live at Alexandra Palace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZkQaj ... ture=share

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:16 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
NO TOURISTS --> still in my players, I was bored by NS1 about release date but now this is awesome intro :)
every track is very very good,
album overall - good craft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
We Live Forever live at Alexandra Palace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZkQaj ... ture=share

:thumbsup:
Nice extra layer on the synth-drops (my only complain about this track).
The new chord sounds like a "Byzantine scale" vs "Shepard scale" battle. :)
I think it makes it more interesting compared to the original studio version.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:29 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:08 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
http://www.noise11.com/news/the-prodigy-had-a-number-one-cassette-in-2018-20190205

Despite streaming dominating music consumption today, Liam’s says The Prodigy fans are maintaining their old habits. “When you talk about cassette you are listening to something from start to finish, firstly one side and then the other side. It’s such as a great thing, a cassette. People forget about that. Its old school and its got a certain feel to it. Vinyl has come back too and a that of that is people just wanting something physical they can hold. It is so much better than a CD. CDs are really non-existent anymore. People like vinyl. We seem to be a band people like that have the vinyl with”.

so Liam, release some singles on vinyl man!!!!

this is the first time we're not getting anything on plastic (excluding the album)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:

this is the first time we're not getting anything on plastic (excluding the album)

Why do you want the singles to be released on a physical format when you've been vocal in saying you haven't liked any of the remixes released? Would you actually buy vinyl of music you don't like? I could understand your wish for a physical release if you actually liked the music.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:50 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Why do you want the singles to be released on a physical format when you've been vocal in saying you haven't liked any of the remixes released? Would you actually buy vinyl of music you don't like? I could understand your wish for a physical release if you actually liked the music.

man, you keep saying things that are not true, I don't know why. I own every fuckin single release by The Prodigy (except mega ultra rare things like that infamous xlc 076 cassette and the like...) and I like having my music on vinyl. I don't like most of the new remixes, as many as you who don't like them either, but I also like some of them, not as much as when they chose remixers much better in the past or when they included nice b-sides.

I think that only-digital releases are poorer in soul and content. If they made 3 track singles again with two remixes and one b side (because we know he still has many unreleased tunes) most of the fans would buy 12" singles. Runs of 500-750 copies are not that big of we talk about one of the most important electronic bands in the world (or the most important one in fact).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Which of the 'No Tourists' era remixes did you like?

Like it or not, physical releases of singles are pretty much over. They make no money for the record label. We'll be lucky if we get a CD compilation of this albums remixes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:02 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Which of the 'No Tourists' era remixes did you like?

Like it or not, physical releases of singles are pretty much over. They make no money for the record label. We'll be lucky if we get a CD compilation of this albums remixes.

Friction remix was not bad at all but as they are only digital I tend to forget them much faster, don't know why but that's how it is.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm
The Prodigy have been nominated for ‘Album of the Year’ at the inaugural Saunders Awards tonight. Tune in to BBC Radio 1's Indie Show with Jack Saunders from 23.00 GMT

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8452288248

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
The Prodigy have been nominated for ‘Album of the Year’ at the inaugural Saunders Awards tonight. Tune in to BBC Radio 1's Indie Show with Jack Saunders from 23.00 GMT

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8452288248

Arctic Monkeys won.