<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  what's the point in...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:08 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
not sharing information about tracks and releases from +20 years ago?

This is something that I remember about The Prodigy forums even from the nekosite era or one from from a finnish guy circa 2000-01 (Juges???).

I mean, seriously, what's the point in not sharing pics of XLT 76, XLC 76, Narayan Edit and things like this? We are all on our late 30's-early 40's, this behaviour amazes me, it's beyond me at this time by now.

SHAME!!!

ps- maybe some people who we think they have these items or this info do not really own them, if that's the case why don't they say they do not know or they cannot help? Can't understand this 20 year-period silence.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
+1
I can only think that maybe they are afraid of copycats, and so in the future fakes will be tougher to spot. Other than that it's either lying or massive ego.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
Some people have paid relatively obscene figures to obtain something that really is only valuable to a rather small demographic. guess its a case of protecting their investment out of fear of fakes devaluing the real items.... That, or its just a perceived sense of elitism.

Go figure...!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:19 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
tomlad wrote:
Some people have paid relatively obscene figures to obtain something that really is only valuable to a rather small demographic. guess its a case of protecting their investment out of fear of fakes devaluing the real items.... That, or its just a perceived sense of elitism.

Go figure...!

really? :)

pathetic anyhow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:

This is something that I remember about The Prodigy forums even from the nekosite era or one from from a finnish guy circa 2000-01 (Juges???).

I mean, seriously, what's the point in not sharing pics of XLT 76, XLC 76, Narayan Edit and things like this? We are all on our late 30's-early 40's, this behaviour amazes me, it's beyond me at this time by now.

SHAME!!!

ps- maybe some people who we think they have these items or this info do not really own them, if that's the case why don't they say they do not know or they cannot help? Can't understand this 20 year-period silence.

As I'm the one who has a studio CDR with Narayan (Edit), let me tell you why I don't share images of it. The CDR is a simple golden studio CDR with handwritten sleeve only listing the title. It's a quick edit someone made from the full track, nothing finished whatsoever. An image of it would be useless really, but it could generate a lot of new fake CDRs and who knows, it may get the person I got it from in trouble. I promised not to share it and I won't. If I don't keep my word, I'm not reliable anymore and I won't be kept in the know of certain things. Trust me on this, you're not missing a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm
Arie wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

SHAME!!!

As I'm the one who has a studio CDR with Narayan (Edit), let me tell you why I don't share images of it. The CDR is a simple golden studio CDR with handwritten sleeve only listing the title. It's a quick edit someone made from the full track, nothing finished whatsoever. An image of it would be useless really, but it could generate a lot of new fake CDRs and who knows, it may get the person I got it from in trouble. I promised not to share it and I won't. If I don't keep my word, I'm not reliable anymore and I won't be kept in the know of certain things. Trust me on this, you're not missing a thing.

thanks for sharing this info, it's quite interesting indeed. I'd swear that I actually listened to the Narayan Edit on late June 1997, one of the main radio dj's in Spain was playing Narayan days before the release of TFOTL but it's impossible to know whether he had that radio cd-r or just the album itself and they just faded the track...

please, any actual info about XLT 76 and XLC 76? there's one test press on discogs for 1500 euros, is that one out of the 1o copies?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 73Location: RussiaJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 pm
Arie, where did you get the information about "Souvenirs (UNKLE Mix)" release (Catalog#: none)?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:59 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
Deefrex wrote:
Arie, where did you get the information about "Souvenirs (UNKLE Mix)" release (Catalog#: none)?

From James himself and it was later confirmed in a book about Unkle, 50 something, if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:44 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 73Location: RussiaJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 pm
Arie wrote:
From James himself and it was later confirmed in a book about Unkle, 50 something, if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

Offline Profile