<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 34Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 am
I haven’t posted in a while but im totally floored with the news of Keith’s passing,the prodigy along with Metallica have without question been the soundtrack to my life and I am so upset it feels like Kieth was a personal friend

I feel that strongly about this that I am going to visit Keith’s pub at the very least to show some respect or to feel somewhat close to something he belonged to

My absolute deepest sympathy for Liam,maxim,Leeroy and everybody concerned

Been listening since 1990,will never forget the impact you had on my life thankyou to the prodigy

From all of us here at BK,thankyou for the memories x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
The first record I ever owned was a cd of Fat of the Land.

I feel like a huge part of my life has just gone away.

Can't quite bring myself to listen to the old records at the moment.
Feelings are still a bit raw.

Thanks for being the soundtrack of my youth, Keith.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
https://www.facebook.com/events/2167627676627207

Rest in peace to the fire starter. Lets make sure the fire continues

We need to raise awareness of mental health issues and suicide. Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 and that needs to change!!

This is the best way to raise Keith's profile and bring his plight to the forefront of pop culture and mainstream.

If you don't want to spend any money then place the song on repeat in a streaming platform such as Spotify or Deezer then mute it and leave it on. This will also count towards the charts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 355Location: MoscowJoined: Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Just saw a comment from Keith's neighbour who said that all Eight Keith's dogs are howling and crying all night long.

absolutely chilling.

And who looks after his dogs?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Moon wrote:
So many disrespectful and utterly terrible/trollish comments on the Fox News article.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/t ... dead-at-49

Also have seen many comments on the Facebook pages of the US festivals they were going to play at saying they've never heard of Prodigy, garbage music, or "no one cares" comments.

Being an American I could never understand why Americans in general hate the prodigy so much. Oh how I would've loved to see them at a venue where the crowd was actually exited to be there.

Fox News... pretty much filled with ignorant racists, bigots, sexists, gaybashing, small minded, low IQ, brainwashed hateful people watch Fox News. The hosts are paid by the establishment to spin all news to the right to rile up their audience and point the finger away from the very people they're watching and supporting who are the very ones fucking them. It's a hateful rightwing tabloid. Here for most it's not even considered a real news channel, but a mouthpiece/source for the current President. So I wouldn't pay much attention to those backwards thinking, small minded commenters. The comments sections on these sites are always like this. You'll probably find a couple of flatearthers. These folks claim to be American patriots but do everything to welcome fascism. The folks who talk shit about the band on these rock festivals are the same type of Fox Newa viewers who can't understand music if it doesn't have a guitarist. Welcome to the news comments section. Pretty much the worse of the worse lurk there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
The petition has surpassed 500 signatures!

https://www.change.org/p/emily-eavis-ke ... asic_share

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:21 am
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Modeselektor paying tribute to Flinty

Bravo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
R.I.P Flinty Brother wrote:

And this is how he should be remembered. As just the nicest, most congenial, true gentleman he was, not just as the stage persona that most people associate him with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:41 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 218Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm
Video from the Modeselektor tribute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevMaKZhvfw

Some more tributes:
David Draimond(Disturbed) tribute to Keith Flint and powerful message about depression and addiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTcoWYaaXC0

Mike Shinoda:
https://youtu.be/cLxwURUVLaM?t=44

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:55 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
All these tributes...
the feels...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
even Brian May of Queen made a beautiful story of Keith on insta:

Very sad to hear of the death of Keith Flint. I was backstage when Prodigy were playing a festival soon after ‘Firestarter’ came out. I was knocked out their records and the intensity of their show was awesome. But, feeling a lot of anger in Keith’s delivery, I somehow assumed he would hate us - Queen, etc. So I just nodded in respect when I saw him at the other side of the stage while the gear was being changed over. He ran straight over and did that Wayne’s World tongue in cheek bowing thing, and then spent a good five minutes telling me very warmly how much he loved our music and had been inspired by it in his life. After that, I perceived him very differently. And I enjoyed their records even more ! But that’s the only conversation we ever had. How horribly sad that he got to the point of taking his own life at an age when he was still so potent. A tragedy of modern life. RIP Keith. Bri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:46 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 508Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:40 pm
damoog wrote:
I feel that strongly about this that I am going to visit Keith’s pub at the very least to show some respect or to feel somewhat close to something he belonged to

It's closed, from what I know.