<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:37 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Mowgli wrote:
But this also is something I think Leeroy might not want to do.

Even if he did, I don't see how a 50y old Leeroy dancing will fit in nowadays. Ya, definitely only as a cameo.

Also, I can't visualize a tour without Keith. Sure you can drop tracks like Run, or Rockweiler... but Firestarter, Breathe, TMTTH, Their Law etc are essentials for the broader audience, hard to skip, and really weird without his physical presence.

In my opinion, best case scenario, a year from now, a 30 years event in UK like Milton Keynes, with the proper tribute, Leeroy cameo, and a CD collection (with unreleased material hopefully) along with it.

But again... whatever they feel right to do or not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
Mowgli wrote:
I know it's way too early to speculate what will happen to the live shows BUT a couple far fetched thoughts have been circling in my mind.

1. A one last huge tribute concert for Keith. Knowing the band, this option might be something they would never want to do.

2. Comeback of the second original hypeman: Leeroy Thornhill. Keith's tracks should not be interpreted by anyone else, and most likely would be dropped from the setlist. But Leeroy could be a be a replacement for the "vibe" of the show and they could bring back some of the dancier tunes. But this also is something I think Leeroy might not want to do.

But who knows. Thoughts on this?

My suggestion to him: Form a supergroup with the remaining Beastie Boys. Just don't expect a new version of Smack.

That would be friggin amazing if that happened. I'm not sure Adrock & Mike D are up for that, because of that SMBU incident.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:24 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Trawizz wrote:
baxterbasics wrote:
Mowgli wrote:
I know it's way too early to speculate what will happen to the live shows BUT a couple far fetched thoughts have been circling in my mind.

1. A one last huge tribute concert for Keith. Knowing the band, this option might be something they would never want to do.

2. Comeback of the second original hypeman: Leeroy Thornhill. Keith's tracks should not be interpreted by anyone else, and most likely would be dropped from the setlist. But Leeroy could be a be a replacement for the "vibe" of the show and they could bring back some of the dancier tunes. But this also is something I think Leeroy might not want to do.

But who knows. Thoughts on this?

My suggestion to him: Form a supergroup with the remaining Beastie Boys. Just don't expect a new version of Smack.

That would be friggin amazing if that happened. I'm not sure Adrock & Mike D are up for that, because of that SMBU incident.

Like I said, SMBU would need to stay off the setlist!

How about this: Liam on the keys, Mike D & Ad on Mic, Tom Morello on the strings.

(sorry I seem to have turned a Keith thread into fantasy band discussion).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
I really don't think Leeroy would return to the band full time, (much as id love him to). He's to old for dancing and Liam wouldn't want him to do vocals (even though I enjoyed the stuff he made with Hyper). Besides, he's a successful DJ in his own right and now lives in Berlin.
I think it would be more likely we get future Maxim solo album. But with Liam doing full production. Kind of Prodigy in all but name. Perhaps tracks like Poison, Mindfields etc could be sprinkled in. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant did a similar thing in the 90s with No Quarter. A combined tour with Leeroy's DJ set would work really well.
Without Keith, I feel the Prodigy as we knew it is no more. And rightly so, much as it pains me to say it. It really wouldn't be the same without him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2082Location: AlaskaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:23 pm
Moon wrote:
Dims wrote:
Thanks! You should repost and @ it for me...I don’t like doing it for attention, but I’m down if other people show love and credit me @dimimacheras

Unfortunately I don't have an account.

Respect...don't do it lol

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:07 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHnXC81qdxQ
Remembering Keith Flint (In Conversation).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:21 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
neomatrix wrote:
It is very possible end of their gigs but I can't believe that Liam start to retire and will not write any music.
liam retired with no tourists.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
Alexx wrote:
neomatrix wrote:
It is very possible end of their gigs but I can't believe that Liam start to retire and will not write any music.
liam retired with no tourists.

From Kerrang!'s last issue which is about Keith.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I'm mourning Keith. I'm not yet ready to mourn The Prodigy. As others have said, the future of The Prodigy is now up to Liam and Maxim. They need time to mourn.

+1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Darkwave wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
I'm mourning Keith. I'm not yet ready to mourn The Prodigy. As others have said, the future of The Prodigy is now up to Liam and Maxim. They need time to mourn.

+1
definitely. Even i can get a little teary (depends on the mood) whenever i'm cleaning my current healing tatt.

I remember T in the park, conversations with people on busses, meeting old school friends. fireworks playing as out of space fades out into the croud. like things from ten years ago and things from only back in november It was something i don't think i've acceoted yet, I always told people at gigs not to focus getting fucked up, doesn't matter what you'd be on it was a drug like adrenaline every time for me. Not sure what to ever do now but live. does feelsbadman. the only one i barely remember was when i was 16 and got all fucked up and went deaf,

The Prodidy's been in our lives for decades. They'll need time just as we do, if it hurts us this much imagine how Liam and Maxim and the near hundreds of crew they had who set up all those spectacular gigs feel the past two weeks. Its gonna be rough. Glad liam or someone made the little tribute on the site. its well deserved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Kool Keith & Ced Gee Talk Keith Flint Of The Prodigy's Impact On Ultramagnetic MCs' Legacy

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.50671/titl ... DX.com%29#

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BumOetXBhl_/

I see Liam replied to Kool Keith's Instagram regarding Keith: -
"theprodigyofficial
Thanku my brother , ur words mean a lot to me x LH"