<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Antz wrote:
CANARIS wrote:
The only thing I find surprising is the religious service, both at his wedding and at his funeral. I thought they were not religious.

What? I've been to plenty of weddings and funerals at church with religious services which were for non-religious people.

Going by the usage of "fuck" and "motherfucker" in the eulogy read out in the church I'd say they're not religious (maybe someone in Keith's family is and that's why it was a church funeral?). I'd like to have seen the vicar's face when the F bombs were dropping.

I saw a video a few years ago (it may have been in Russia) where some crazy fan asked Liam something like "Do you thank God for your talent?" Liam replied "I don't believe in God".

Most people in the UK aren't religious. Hardly anyone goes to church.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Antz wrote:
CANARIS wrote:
The only thing I find surprising is the religious service, both at his wedding and at his funeral. I thought they were not religious.

What? I've been to plenty of weddings and funerals at church with religious services which were for non-religious people.

Going by the usage of "fuck" and "motherfucker" in the eulogy read out in the church I'd say they're not religious (maybe someone in Keith's family is and that's why it was a church funeral?). I'd like to have seen the vicar's face when the F bombs were dropping.

I saw a video a few years ago (it may have been in Russia) where some crazy fan asked Liam something like "Do you thank God for your talent?" Liam replied "I don't believe in God".

Most people in the UK aren't religious. Hardly anyone goes to church.

where else would you be buried ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 pm
We don't know if Keith was buried (not that it's any of our business anyway).

You don't have to get buried in a church cemetery. You can get buried in a council cemetery, wood, a meadow or even at sea (in 2 places in the UK) these days. It depends on your local council. Obviously cremation is different too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2208Location: Oslo, NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:48 pm
Harbinger wrote:

The crowd at ultra being as lame as they were 10 years ago...

Ref. my signature...

Respect to Carl Cox for this tribute though! :Firestarter:

EDIT:

My kinda tribute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXojiKcOs0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
untitled6 wrote:

Don't mean to be negative but wish more of them were enjoying and dancing and paying homage than filming. But that is the way of the world these days. Planet Earth is an iPhone.

Because you're right - the crowd is huge, and there's a hell of a mosh pit going on, and the actual show is amazing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:28 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
crazyboy wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

The crowd at ultra being as lame as they were 10 years ago...

Ref. my signature...

Respect to Carl Cox for this tribute though! :Firestarter:

EDIT:

My kinda tribute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXojiKcOs0

Terrible crowd here too - and loving the one you've posted. The guy knows his stuff. I have no idea how he does any of it - but it's clearly hard work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:59 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 180Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm
A loud bang was heard in Braintree(and surrounding areas) last night. Rumor is Keith`s ashes being sent up by firework.

Can anybody confirm if this is correct or just rubbish info? I have checked online but cannot find anything, if its just BS this post can be deleted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:19 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Even if this is true, I highly doubt that anyone legit would confirm it.
Maybe only with a firework pic post in Instagram with "Light up the sky, Keef".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:54 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
@beardyman Full Live Stream || WED 10 April 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_hOqh ... MYR0McTjAk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am
I'm just reading through one of the old Nekosite interviews. This one with Keith is very poignant: -

http://www.nekozine.co.uk/prodigy/interviews/keith.html

Quote:
There is never a non-Prodigy day; I am always in the Prodigy. It is always a Prodigy day and then other bits happen. Every day, every minute is dedicated to it. It is like youre on call out all the time. Whatever happens I might not even be at my own funeral if a gig gets booked up, it is in my will that I get taken in the coffin to the gig and I have to get propped up in the corner and then I can be buried. That is what people don't realize, everything you do, every minute when you're partying till midday the next day you're making sure you still have some energy left for the next show.

Quote:
For me I am pretty useless to myself, I need to be driven by something. This is my life this is my therapy, without this I am just self destructive and just fucking mental. I am useless to myself for myself. This is what drives me. And I can't do things that I am told to do. It is very rare for me to have this sort of dedication, or this love for something, this very one thing. That is not what I do.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
ricksteruk wrote:
Rumor is Keith`s ashes being sent up by firework.

I have my doubts. I don't think the explosive content of a firework is powerful enough to consume a pot full of ashes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Aquila wrote:
ricksteruk wrote:
Rumor is Keith`s ashes being sent up by firework.

I have my doubts. I don't think the explosive content of a firework is powerful enough to consume a pot full of ashes.

Very easy with big caliber profesional fireworks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:34 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
Wide Awake Stories #024: Remembering Keith Flint from the Prodigy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UbwIQZUzSE