<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Minefields Advanced cassette XLS76CD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:35 am
GruntGruntPosts: 1Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
thanks

the radio edit 4:03 sounds strange regarding the intro, it has nothing to do with the other edits from the maverick label cd...is this legit?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 73Location: RussiaJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 pm
jonyintheplace, man, I read that local experts wrote here: viewtopic.php?p=248479#p248479 viewtopic.php?p=248536#p248536 *rolling on the floor laughing* :rofl:

Info from "Record Collector" magazine (08.1996):

Blank BASF cassettes are sold with markings only (30 / 60 / 90 minutes).

Radio Edit has a "cunning" transition to the second breakdown, which is almost impossible to forge without the original project.

This is not a fake, guys. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:29 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Many thanks to all Russians involved :) - It's great that fans are now not being kept in the dark about this cassette :thumbsup:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
yavadust wrote:
https://forum.theprodigy.ru/index.php?board=43;action=display;threadid=44455;start=msg1378479#msg1378479

no respects;)

Thank you for sharing. I still have a hard time believing this is real. The moment the photo of the sleeve appeared some time ago, I ran it by someone whom I knew at XL from back in the day and he stated earlier that it was a fake. Don't know who to believe. The release sounds legit though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
Deefrex wrote:
jonyintheplace, man, I read that local experts wrote here: viewtopic.php?p=248479#p248479 viewtopic.php?p=248536#p248536 *rolling on the floor laughing* :rofl:

What is your problem Deefrex?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Ive seen a few tapes kicking around like this
I could literally buy a blank cassette the same
And print out that sleeve
I just find it hard to believe XL would put promo
Cassettes out like this as it wouldnt be very professional
at all for a record label

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
Deefrex wrote:

Info from "Record Collector" magazine (08.1996):

Blank BASF cassettes are sold with markings only (30 / 60 / 90 minutes).

Radio Edit has a "cunning" transition to the second breakdown, which is almost impossible to forge without the original project.

This is not a fake, guys. :)

you're kidding me right?
the "I walk the minefields yeah" bit? thats a simple fade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
Arie wrote:
Deefrex wrote:

as per russian forums, basically the whole joint has done their research and according to some surfaced material they believe your Narayan edit was fake, i don't know anything about it and i don't actually care. i guess that's why the hostility.

as for this edit, i don't see anything out fo the ordinary as it's pretty easy to diy, Deefrex I'm waiting for you to point out what part exactly does the original lack compared to this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:31 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Alexx wrote:
Arie wrote:
as per russian forums, basically the whole joint has done their research and according to some surfaced material they believe your Narayan edit was fake

Is this the Narayan edit by Crispian Mills? There was an article with Liam saying something like Crispian tried to shorten it but it didn't sound right as its meant to be a 9 minute song!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
I'm still trying to find a (proper) rip of that Narayan (Edit) to complete my collection of the released tracks according to the spreadsheet that's being maintained by some BK members.
The Derc remix is the only track with the exact track length that I've been able to find.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Alexx wrote:
Arie wrote:
Deefrex wrote:

as per russian forums, basically the whole joint has done their research and according to some surfaced material they believe your Narayan edit was fake, i don't know anything about it and i don't actually care. i guess that's why the hostility.

as for this edit, i don't see anything out fo the ordinary as it's pretty easy to diy, Deefrex I'm waiting for you to point out what part exactly does the original lack compared to this

It's a quick edit, a copy/paste job. I have it on a studio CDR which came straight from Liam's studio. I therefore uploaded the specific part where you can hear the cut back in the day, so people could hear it. I don't know why it was made this way. I don't even know who did it. All I know for sure is that it came from Liam's studio. I told Deefrex as well that it might have even been a joke on me from Liam or a test to see if I would leak it? Anyway, I promised not to share it and I won't. This is the attitude that keeps me in the circle and the same attitude that gets me disrespect from people like Deefrex.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:55 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Arie wrote:
I told Deefrex as well that it might have even been a joke on me from Liam or a test to see if I would leak it? Anyway, I promised not to share it and I won't. This is the attitude that keeps me in the circle and the same attitude that gets me disrespect from people like Deefrex.

respect from me :thumbsup: