<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Automation - Speedway

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:53 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo27P_tuTXs

I remember reading in some random magazine (or was it maybe on the Exit The Underground book from 1996?) that The Prodigy had remixed this track, at least that's why the discography section stated.

We obviously know that they didn't but I bought the vinyl and some parts sound very Prodigy (late 91-early 92, on the G-Force tip), moreover, they use elements which also appeared on What Evil Lurks...

do you know if there was a plan to remix this track back in the day? where did the journalist take the information from?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
The magazine it was listed in was a mixmag https://theprodigy.info/articles/raves-last-hope.html

I got this on vinyl just recently to convert to digital. To me, the tracks just sound like typical rave - top stuff!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:38 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
yes, I agree with you, it's quite ravey-techno, I like Automation even though some of their productions are too industrial for me.

Did you buy it only for the Prodigy mention or because you also collect this kind of rave stuff as I do?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:09 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I did come by this EP because of that Mixmag article, I scanned it for my website in early 2000's and not long after James Jupiter kindly sent me a copy on minidisc :)

Occasionally I'll buy vinyl if I can't get certain tracks in good quality any other way, hence my purchase (I no longer have MiniDisc) ;)

Offline Profile