<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Tracks missed off the Expanded Albums

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:36 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
'Experience' and 'Music for the Jilted Generation' both got remastered/expanded editions.

Ignoring the unreleased tracks which could have been added (e.g. 'We Eat Rhythm'), there are quite a few previously released 'rare' tracks which could have been added. Tracks which only had a vinyl or non-UK CD release.

'Experience Expanded' could have included: -
'Fire (Burning Version)'
'Rip Up The Sound System'

'More Music for the Jilted Generation' could have included: -
'Poison (95 EQ)' (the 6:12 vinyl version off the single)
'Voodoo People (Haiti Island Remix)'
'One Love (Original Mix)' (the 5:50 vinyl version off the single)
'Rhythm Of Life (Original Mix)'

If there was ever a remastered/expanded 'Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned' they could include: -
'Get Up Get Off (Alternate Version)' (iTunes only track)
'Under My Wheels (Alternate Version)' (iTunes only track)
'Memphis Bells' (the instrumental version off the 'Girls / Memphis Bells' promo)

Those were the tracks I could think of off the top of my head. Which tracks can you think of?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
You forgot Pandemonium.

I got a feeling some tracks are missing for reasons like uncleared samples.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Antz wrote:
You forgot Pandemonium.

the samples must have been cleared if they were previously released

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
dirt wrote:
Antz wrote:
You forgot Pandemonium.

You sure? I seem to remember a quote from Liam possibly about YouTube sample videos and saying that they're gonna get him in trouble.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:19 am
'Pandemonium' is available on streaming websites so I assume the samples are cleared. The thing is, 'Full Throttle' had the Ultramagnetic MCs/Star Wars sample reversed for 'MFTJG' but the Original Mix is on the 'One Love' single without the reversed sample on streaming sites. The same goes for the Dust/Chemical Brothers 'Voodoo People' remix with/without the reversed sample.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:01 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
'Experience' and 'Music for the Jilted Generation' both got remastered/expanded editions.

Ignoring the unreleased tracks which could have been added (e.g. 'We Eat Rhythm'), there are quite a few previously released 'rare' tracks which could have been added. Tracks which only had a vinyl or non-UK CD release.

'Experience Expanded' could have included: -
'Fire (Burning Version)'
'Rip Up The Sound System'

'More Music for the Jilted Generation' could have included: -
'Poison (95 EQ)' (the 6:12 vinyl version off the single)
'Voodoo People (Haiti Island Remix)'
'One Love (Original Mix)' (the 5:50 vinyl version off the single)
'Rhythm Of Life (Original Mix)'

If there was ever a remastered/expanded 'Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned' they could include: -
'Get Up Get Off (Alternate Version)' (iTunes only track)
'Under My Wheels (Alternate Version)' (iTunes only track)
'Memphis Bells' (the instrumental version off the 'Girls / Memphis Bells' promo)

Those were the tracks I could think of off the top of my head. Which tracks can you think of?

Experience era: What Evil Lurks should have been there, it has never been released on cd officially. Rip Up The Sound System is available on cd as well, it's not a vinyl only track though it's limited to the 5 track cd single version of EITP, I'd have included Charly (Alley Cat 7" edit) as well and maybe some american remix from the elektra releases even though some are crap.

Jilted: We Eat Rhythm all the way. I don't understand why the version of One Love on Their Law is 5.25 instead of the original mix which was 5.50. Why did they edit that song again?
Haiti Island Version of Voodoo was also available on cd (Mute) but the full lenghth Poison 95 wasn't as far as I'm aware.
That Kris Needs remix would have been nice too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am
The reason why I wanted 'Rip Up The Sound System' on there would be so it was remastered. The 'What Evil Lurks' EP has never been released on CD (apart from a bootleg) but it has at least had a digital release.

I guess my post was more about rounding up all these tracks and releasing them digitally (to buy and/or stream). The days of CD albums are dying as far as record companies are concerned.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
dirt wrote:
Antz wrote:
You forgot Pandemonium.

This is not true. Electronic music producer Amon Tobin is having tracks removed from releases on digital music stores even though they have been released before physically and digitally. One of his big singles Four Ton Mantis, which was actually an album single, is missing from his releases. It's bullshit and I feel bad for his art being fucked with after years of existing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
The reason why I wanted 'Rip Up The Sound System' on there would be so it was remastered. The 'What Evil Lurks' EP has never been released on CD (apart from a bootleg) but it has at least had a digital release.

I guess my post was more about rounding up all these tracks and releasing them digitally (to buy and/or stream). The days of CD albums are dying as far as record companies are concerned.

I agree with you. The band should gather up all of their releases and put them out together with their respective b-sides, etc. In the digital age, these will act more like playlists without having to create a playlist. You will be able to experience (no pun intended) each album with it's singles/EPs/bonus tracks in their entirety. I'd love if the band did this. Also, if possible, I'd love hi-res of older releases. The Day Is My Enemy and No Tourists have hi-res versions. The earlier albums would be amazing to have in hi-res.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 pm
'The Fat of the Land' remastered/expanded edition could include: -
'Diesel Power (Dirtchamber Remix)'
'Mindfields (Monkey Mafia Mix)'
'Breathe (Instrumental)' (only available on the 'Breathe' Vinyl single)
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

SMBU (Jonny L Remix), Funky Shit (Mulder) and SMBU (Slacker Mix). No need to have Molotov or The Trick as they were in singles which sold thousands of copies

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

SMBU (Jonny L Remix), Funky Shit (Mulder) and SMBU (Slacker Mix). No need to have Molotov or The Trick as they were in singles which sold thousands of copies

And include one man army of the spawn soundtrack

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

Agree but the tracks get remastered. Also, I doubt a physical release will ever happen so a digital release with all the tracks (like the 35 track 'The Day Is My Enemy' Expanded) would be the most likely release.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:06 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

The Trick was only on the breathe single

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 pm
dirt wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
'Molotov Bitch'
'The Trick'
'No Man Army'

The Trick was only on the breathe single

and that single was bought by hundreads of thousands of people, it's not a rare track whatsoever

Offline Profile