<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  So what now.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:46 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
The stuff that was already planned to be released, they could still release and give the profits to mental health charities.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:12 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Flannerz wrote:
The stuff that was already planned to be released, they could still release and give the profits to mental health charities.

They can still release it anyway (if they want to). Charitable donations are up to the individual. I presume Keith's next of kin will have inherited Keith's publishing credits so any royalties made from music Keith is credited on will go to them. It's up to them how that money is used.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:48 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Music is the best weapon to escape especially this hard period of keef's loss.. Seems atm they'll just follow their own creativity and inspiration together in soul but a bit separated (?!) in result
Maybe, Liam will go onto a kinda "aono vol.2" formula imo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:51 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
I just came across a recent interview (from August) with Ragga Twins from Data Transmission and found this:

"(...) I thought you’re joking, we went down there and talked to them, we did the track and we were supporting them on their tour. "

(...) I couldn’t believe it but I’ve got nuff respect for them – rest in peace Keith, them man there are legends and it was great working with them, supporting their tour and being on their new album."

Full interview can be found here:
https://datatransmission.co/features/in ... gga-twins/

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
kenjah wrote:
I just came across a recent interview (from August) with Ragga Twins from Data Transmission and found this:

"(...) I thought you’re joking, we went down there and talked to them, we did the track and we were supporting them on their tour. "

(...) I couldn’t believe it but I’ve got nuff respect for them – rest in peace Keith, them man there are legends and it was great working with them, supporting their tour and being on their new album."

:o :o :o :Firestarter: :Firestarter:

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 am

Quote:
You have worked some of the biggest names in dance music’s history through the years, some of which are no longer with us such as Keith Flint who you were supporting in Brixton at the Academy only a couple of years ago, how close were you to the Prodigy as time has gone on and can you tell us your experiences with them?

Deman: One of our earliest raves, we headlined with them. So we played first and then they did, our dressing rooms were next door to each other so we went in and introduced ourselves and as we went on from there, they were still making the dance music and we was raving to their music. They went on to become superstars, and respect to them for that, mad love for them for that but they never forgot us. We hadn’t seen each other for years other than in passing at festivals, and from around the time of Firestarter and things like that they became huge international stars but then they called us and said they wanted to do a tune, they wanted the Ragga Twins on their album.

I thought you’re joking, we went down there and talked to them, we did the track and we were supporting them on their tour. We was with them in their dressing room, talking to Keith and the rest of the guys and they were just as normal as ever, no jumped up superstar business and they were as much in awe of us as we were them. Yeah we were Ragga Twins and we got our name but we were like “you are the Prodigy!”. They never forgot us, they were always talking about the first raves back in the day – that’s why I respect them, I thought they would have long forgot about us but no they stayed in tune with what we were doing the whole way through.

I remember I gave them a mixtape, of me, Flinty and our DJ, Krucial and Keith was like “yeah when I get back to my cottage, I’m putting it on and that’s me – I’m going to listen to it when this tour is finished”, when they were doing Brixton. They were just so real, they were happy to see us, there was no ‘you stay in your dressing room and we will stay in ours’, they invited us in to be with them and we were talking like time had stood still.

I couldn’t believe it but I’ve got nuff respect for them – rest in peace Keith, them man there are legends and it was great working with them, supporting their tour and being on their new album. Proper musical legends, they started at the same time as us and they always treated us with full respect, they went on stage and bigged us up, calling us legends and letting the crowd know where we come from. We hadn’t seen them for going on twenty years but they remembered everything so I’ve got nothin’ but love, respect and adulation for them man there.

Flinty: Actually, when we did the tour and we went to speak to Keith, he was like “yeah guys there’s this video out innit, its a black and white one you did on a radio station” it was this set we did with Krucial on Pyro Radio that everybody seems to love, he said it’s what gets him through everyday of his life and it gave me goosebumps! I was like you are the Prodigy and you’re listening to the Ragga Twins! He was like yes mate, everyday, that’s one of the best sets I’ve ever heard, he loved it!

And I’m not going to say he was bullshitting us, not being funny but we heard it every day about that set, every fucking day! That one set captivated the drum and bass scene for a whole year, every day someone would say to me about that set, there was something magic about it. I’ve listened to it and I don’t get what’s so special, not taking anything away from it because it clearly hit the spot but I don’t get it! Not complaining of course but it’s mad! People just love that set, I love it too… we don’t know what it is as we got many sets, but this one stands out and people keep talking about it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 pm
kenjah wrote:

Going by the photo Liam uploaded with the Ragga Twins to Instagram they did that track in 2017 before 'No Tourists' was released. Maybe their track was originally going to be on 'No Tourists'? Or maybe they know it's going to be on a future release since this interview is from August?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:21 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 60Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm
:Firestarter:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:18 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 16Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:08 pm
:slayer:
Richie3 wrote:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 42Location: SpainJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm
Richie3 wrote:

:guns: :guns: :bow:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:26 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
https://datatransmission.co/features/in-conversation-with-ragga-twins/

Quote:
Flinty: Actually, when we did the tour and we went to speak to Keith, he was like “yeah guys there’s this video out innit, its a black and white one you did on a radio station” it was this set we did with Krucial on Pyro Radio that everybody seems to love, he said it’s what gets him through everyday of his life and it gave me goosebumps! I was like you are the Prodigy and you’re listening to the Ragga Twins! He was like yes mate, everyday, that’s one of the best sets I’ve ever heard, he loved it!

And I’m not going to say he was bullshitting us, not being funny but we heard it every day about that set, every fucking day! That one set captivated the drum and bass scene for a whole year, every day someone would say to me about that set, there was something magic about it. I’ve listened to it and I don’t get what’s so special, not taking anything away from it because it clearly hit the spot but I don’t get it! Not complaining of course but it’s mad! People just love that set, I love it too… we don’t know what it is as we got many sets, but this one stands out and people keep talking about it.

Would it be this one?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hF0I6f9sb4

I had not listened to their stuff before, but it's dope, full on attitude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:14 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Richie3 wrote:

:bow:
This comment was written so wonderfully and touching which totally captures the feelings of many of us long time fans. I mean not solely and just the fans of Keith Flint but also the TRUE fans of The Prodigy, of their whole production and of the ethos behind everything they made.
:bow:

Really super that Liam noticed and personally appreciated these well-put words!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:02 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
feelthy wrote:
Would it be this one?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hF0I6f9sb4

I had not listened to their stuff before, but it's dope, full on attitude

That's some mad stuff right there. I'm speechless. Unlike these guys. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Liam G speaks

"Referring to a chat he'd had with The Prodigy's Liam Howlett, Gallagher said: "It's like I said to him, 'do you know what I mean, I think there's room for The Prodigy still, you know what I mean, with or without Keith'. They're that kind of band that kind of adapt to that kind of thing."

https://mixmag.net/read/liam-gallagher- ... oasis-news