<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Liam producing The Libertines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Quote:
https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/lifestyles/entertainment/the-libertines-working-with-the-prodigy-s-liam-howlett-on/article_0fef6d73-e3fc-5380-9c52-e7d71a8f8731.html

The 'Can't Stand Me Now' rockers' follow-up to 2015 LP 'Anthems for Doomed Youth' is set to see the indie band step "out of the zone" after their sessions with the 'Firestarter' hitmaker and record producer.

Appearing on the latest episode of 'Red Stripe Presents: This Feeling TV', the band's co-frontman and songwriter, Carl Barat said: "You can't hurry it up but yeah, it's [the album is] coming.

"We've being doing some really interesting stuff, working with Liam [Howlett] from The Prodigy, which on some tracks are out of the zone of the stuff we've done before.

"I think we're taking a different approach where we just go in and everyone just does what they're feeling in whatever style. We don't limit ourselves."

It was previously revealed that The Prodigy's touring guitarist Olly Burden is also involved.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Carl Barat actually says "We've been working with Olly from The Prodigy". I'm pretty sure I've read Liam knows Carl so I doubt Carl would confuse Liam for Olly (Burden). Olly Burden is working on The Libertines album. I guess whoever published the story heard Carl say "We've been working with Olly from The Prodigy" and wrongly corrected the quote to "Liam".

5:40 in for the actual quote: -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWcMGIa83CA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:31 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Only Burden has been associated with The Prodigy for a while, he worked on Invaders and TDIME, not sure about NT.
My guess is the work is with Olly and possibly not Liam despite LH knowing Carl and the rest of the boys.
I actually met Pete Doherty many years ago when the Libertines first came in the scene. Pete acted like a complete tool but i did put that mostly down to the drugs. He seemed trying to hard to be cool, dirty fingernails, Warhol t shirt and a smell of BO doesn’t mean a rockstar!!

As for Liam I wonder if the headspace could deal with other writing right now, Keith’s passing has seemingly hit him hard, going back into the studio to play around with beats is a far cry from helping produce an album let alone working on someone else’s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:53 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
antwarrior79 wrote:
Only Burden has been associated with The Prodigy for a while, he worked on Invaders and TDIME, not sure about NT.
My guess is the work is with Olly and possibly not Liam despite LH knowing Carl and the rest of the boys.
I actually met Pete Doherty many years ago when the Libertines first came in the scene. Pete acted like a complete tool but i did put that mostly down to the drugs. He seemed trying to hard to be cool, dirty fingernails, Warhol t shirt and a smell of BO doesn’t mean a rockstar!!

As for Liam I wonder if the headspace could deal with other writing right now, Keith’s passing has seemingly hit him hard, going back into the studio to play around with beats is a far cry from helping produce an album let alone working on someone else’s.

Olly's involvement with NT is huge, he co-produced almost every track on it as well as playing guitar. He also produced tracks for ho99o9 and Barns Courtney ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
With no recent releases - the band is currently working on a follow up to their 2015 album Anthems for Doomed Youth with Liam Howlett (the Prodigy) - there is nothing new tonight. The set-list is an eclectic collection of their greatest creations to date.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on ... n=sharebar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
If it was true why would Carl Barat say "We've been working with Olly from The Prodigy" but not mention Liam? This new article just seems to be running with the original misquote.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:30 pm