<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Their Law included is singles collection, why?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:26 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
I did not find any thread related to this when I used the forum search tool so here I go..

Have anyone wondered too WHY Their Law as a track is included into their singles collection (2005)?
I mean Their law was never a single release..

Is it just of it's legend value and it being as a kick-ass tune? And/or was it because it gave a cool title for their single collection which also inspired the cover art too?

Has anyone bumbed into this question and answer in any of their interviews?

Even if I have really liked Their Law as a really cool track from the first day I heard it (I think it was in 1996 or 1997) I have bit wondered this odd decision now for almost 15 years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:20 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Lastu wrote:
I did not find any thread related to this when I used the forum search tool so here I go..

Have anyone wondered too WHY Their Law as a track is included into their singles collection (2005)?
I mean Their law was never a single release..

Is it just of it's legend value and it being as a kick-ass tune? And/or was it because it gave a cool title for their single collection which also inspired the cover art too?

Has anyone bumbed into this question and answer in any of their interviews?

Even if I have really liked Their Law as a really cool track from the first day I heard it (I think it was in 1996 or 1997) I have bit wondered this odd decision now for almost 15 years.

I remember on one interview that Liam wanted a single of Their Law around 95. It supposed to have more vocals from maxim and the art cover would be a police helmet in flames.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:46 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
It is like a missing EP/Single, which should feature following b-sides: We Eat Rhythm / Break N' Enter 95 / Rock N Roll/ Gabba

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Never heard of liam saying it was meant to be a single
Was only included because of the title

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:10 am
Trawizz wrote:
It is like a missing EP/Single, which should feature following b-sides: We Eat Rhythm / Break N' Enter 95 / Rock N Roll/ Gabba

Cool, if this is the case.. Now I understand a bit more why the track is included in the first place and it being lifted as a stand out track to even give the title for the whole official collection.

But have to admit I have never heard this story either. Is there somewhere a picture of this discarded single cover of a flaming police hat like the SMBU single's discarded cover of a VW Beetle curled around a lamppost can be found from the www?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am
Lastu wrote:
Trawizz wrote:

Cool, if this is the case.. Now I understand a bit more why the track is included in the first place and it being lifted as a stand out track to even give the title for the whole official collection.

But have to admit I have never heard this story either. Is there somewhere a picture of this discarded single cover of a flaming police hat like the SMBU single's discarded cover of a VW Beetle curled around a lamppost can be found from the www?

I remember it from an interview. It could just of been an idea. I think that’s why the live version of Their Law was on the Breathe e.p.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 am
Found the interview https://youtu.be/NZxt9Z_v_Hs 7:44 I think the burning police hat was the alternative album cover idea for jilted.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 am
sks2002 wrote:
Found the interview https://youtu.be/NZxt9Z_v_Hs 7:44 I think the burning police hat was the alternative album cover idea for jilted.

Yes, I listened this interview 1-2 year ago all the way through.. I didn't remember that mention about the police hat.
Thanks!

It might also be true that Liam planned later on to release Their Law as a single and planned to use the flaming hat on that cover instead. But for some reason he withdraw that idea also.

Offline Profile