<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Milton Keynes 10th anniversary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_EPoygZv0/

Quote:
engine_earz
So very proud to remaster this album for the Prodigy family, must admit to being quite emotional working on it but i can safely say it really bangs!!! Its a big responsibility remastering something that the fans are already so in love with, hope i did it justice for you guys

Quote:
theprodigyofficial
Fire!!!!! Sounds great man

I wonder why it needed a remaster? It's only 10 years old. It was mastered by John Davis and mixed by Liam Howlett last time.

I wonder if the audio will be re-released digitally seeing as it is remastered. Remastering the audio just for a vinyl release would seem excessive.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:23 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_EPoygZv0/

Quote:
engine_earz
So very proud to remaster this album for the Prodigy family, must admit to being quite emotional working on it but i can safely say it really bangs!!! Its a big responsibility remastering something that the fans are already so in love with, hope i did it justice for you guys

Quote:
theprodigyofficial
Fire!!!!! Sounds great man

I wonder why it needed a remaster? It's only 10 years old. It was mastered by John Davis and mixed by Liam Howlett last time.

I wonder if the audio will be re-released digitally seeing as it is remastered. Remastering the audio just for a vinyl release would seem excessive.

The vinyl will have a download code for the digital versions and I'm guessing that it will be on Spotify etc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:28 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
If it deserved anything, then it is an expanded version with the missing tracks, and remove a lot of Maxims shouting and all the ''All My People", "Where My Warriors/Fighters at"... Scrap Thunda Dub aswell.... Nice gig besides that. The sound quality couldn't possible get any better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 pm
Well I can't follow The Prodigy comments on YouTube "Live Chat". I've seen one comment from Liam buried under a constant rapid stream of people posting emojis.

They should have disabled comments from everyone apart from Liam and Maxim.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Just a single 5 second video of the boys sending a message to us would be cool... but yeah... better than nothing I guess.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:18 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Not to many comments from LH & Maxim but Maxim did say that the time from the opener WOF to Out of space felt like a blur and was over to quick, he said he wanted to stay out longer.

LH said it wasn’t just the sheer size of the gig it was more about the occasion and twenty years and after all the ups and downs over the years it was just coming together on a perfect night with hardcore prodigy warriors.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 pm
I managed to see their comments from about a third of the way through.

I presume someone will have grabbed them.

The first time Liam heard a DJ play one of his tracks was Carl Cox in 1991 playing "Everybody In The Place" ("What Evil Lurks" EP version).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:44 pm
I managed to get these, still not the full comments. He was talking about the thunder remix there being better than the album version.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:37 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
I managed to get most of the comments. I think the only one i missed out on was the Thunder Dub comment by Liam

Anyway.... Ive archived the comments here https://imgur.com/a/3Prox8U

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:55 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
TestPilot93 wrote:
I managed to get most of the comments. I think the only one i missed out on was the Thunder Dub comment by Liam

Thanks brother, I missed some.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:08 pm
TestPilot93 wrote:

Respect :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 pm
The "World's On Fire (Live at Milton Keynes Bowl) (2020 re-master)" Vinyl is damn expensive at £30 (plus an additional £5 for UK postage).

To compare, 'No Tourists' is £22 (£25 for Gatefold) and "The Day Is My Enemy (Gatefold)" is
£20.99 and they are all also 180g Double Vinyl.

I wonder if it will be sold elsewhere? There is a listing on Amazon but it looks like a placeholder with no price or release date.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... ecda59cb4e

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 24Location: BulgariaJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am
James Jupiter wrote:
The "World's On Fire (Live at Milton Keynes Bowl) (2020 re-master)" Vinyl is damn expensive at £30 (plus an additional £5 for UK postage).

To compare, 'No Tourists' is £22 (£25 for Gatefold) and "The Day Is My Enemy (Gatefold)" is
£20.99 and they are all also 180g Double Vinyl.

I wonder if it will be sold elsewhere? There is a listing on Amazon but it looks like a placeholder with no price or release date.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... ecda59cb4e

Just used your link to pre-order the vinyl. Price is currently updated to £25.87 + free shipping

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm
https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/the-prodi ... -re-master

Quote:
Includes download code
Housed in Gatefold Sleeve with Printed Inners.
Label Cooking Vinyl
Genre UK & EU
Artist The Prodigy
Released 30/10/20
Catalogue Number HOSPLP4

World's On Fire (Live At Milton Keynes Bowl) (2020 Re-Master)
The Prodigy

The 2010 live CD/DVD from The Prodigy's 65,000 capacity headline show at Milton Keynes Bowl has been remastered to mark the 10th anniversary of this iconic event and is being released for the first time on vinyl. Featuring 17 tracks from the live set split over 2 heavyweight vinyl records.

methamorphosis wrote:
Just used your link to pre-order the vinyl. Price is currently updated to £25.87 + free shipping

Thanks. I've pre-ordered it.

Offline Profile