<  MUSIC  ~  Orbital 30 Remixed coming in 2019

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
At last. Thanks for the summary Neorev.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:53 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Chime Re-Record - Special Request Remix Edit (Amazon Original)
and
Chime Re-Record - Special Request Remix Extended (Amazon Original)
are exclusively available to listen to on Amazon Music (and nowhere else).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Fuck this streaming service exclusive bullshit. Can I just fucking buy the thing?

I love you Orbital, but you nor anyone else is going to make me sign up to a streaming service to listen to a song. Trent Reznor tried it with the shitty Beats radio crap and I did not join. It turns me off completely from the music.

I'm afraid this will be the future of music where you need accounts to a dozen services just to listen to new music.

I buy music I love.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm
Agree. I can't hear the track as I don't have Amazon Music.

Maybe it is a track off the "Orbital 30" album? Probably not if it's an "Amazon Original".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:24 pm
A DJ mix of a lot of Orbital's remixes: -
https://www.mixcloud.com/mattchristie77 ... on-master/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Perhaps this is the secret thing Paul didn't want to talk about in the video.

An Orbital autobiography...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1409188132/

P.S. I'm pretty sure the Special Request remix will be on Orbital30. Amazon may just have an exclusive to the streaming of the single for now until it is officially released later this year. I think Amazon just has first dibs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Perhaps this is the secret thing Paul didn't want to talk about in the video.

An Orbital autobiography...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1409188132/

Pretty good news about the book!

And it was due to come out in 2019 as it says here.
https://www.thebookseller.com/news/vale ... tal-872076

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Orbital - Belfast (David Holmes Remix)

https://youtu.be/Omzn3mU0RRw

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:41 pm
Sounds like everything has been pushed until next year. Seems like vinyl pressing plants being overrun is one of the issues.

What’s next for Orbital?

We have the Orbital 30 album out next year, and a new album.

We have a lot of really good remixes, such as David Holmes with ‘Belfast’ and Jon Hopkins with ‘Halcyon and On and On’. There are great remixes of our classic stuff, which is great fun. We thought, how many times can we release a Best Of, so we’re trying to make it more interesting. There’ll hopefully be a couple of unreleased tracks, but we are having a terrible time with sample clearance at the moment, that’s because we’re owning up.

Shortly after that, our new album will be out, we could have two albums next year!

Of course, the vinyl pressing plants have a six-month delay, that’s a bummer. You come back and want to get cracking, and you have a delay because of that.

We have a few festivals which have been bounced to next year, one in Cork, and one in Manchester. That’s all we have in the diary at the moment.

We also have something I can’t talk about, all I can say is we’re working on a soundtrack for a Netflix series, which is great. Sorry I can’t say anymore, I signed a form, but that’s an exciting prospect.

I’m such a blabbermouth, I’m glad I stopped myself there!

Source:
https://snackmag.co.uk/orbital?fbclid=I ... reloaded=1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:58 pm
If you're an Orbital fan, READ. THIS. NOW!

Spring 2022
THIRTYSOMETHING

“We want to include tracks that hardly anyone has heard,” said Paul. “I got some of those tracks out the other day and thought ‘God, this is great!’ We did a lot of it with friends back in Sevenoaks, where we started. It’ll be great to get it out there again. The digital release of Thirtysomething is going to be massive, much longer than a normal album.”

Autumn 2022
NEW ALBUM

MAJOR REISSUE CAMPAIGN WITH BONUS MATERIAL!

"Then we’ll start a series of reissuing each album properly. I’m not sure what extras we’ll include yet, but tracks like the nine-minute Untitled, which was only ever on the cassette version of our first album, will find its way onto vinyl.”

Be sure to read the whole article. Lots of good stuff coming.

Source:
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/orb ... sue-plans/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:21 pm
It's frustrating to know of pending releases constantly being put back. Younger/newer artists tend to release tracks digitally as and when they are written. Older/established artists seem to sit on tracks until they've got an albums worth or even until the vinyl can be produced. I'm a similar age to Orbital, The Prodigy, etc so I can understand them being of the mindset of writing albums as that's how music was released in their formative years. An album makes the music less 'disposable' than individual tracks to some.

The idea of sitting on completed albums for 6 months+ (so the vinyl can be produced) or years (waiting for Covid-19 to subside so a tour to support the album is hopefully more viable) is frustrating. I suppose once an artist is established they can afford to wait (99%+ artists make their money from tours rather than sales/streams). It's strange to think that some artists did remixes a couple of years ago but they are still waiting for the remix to be released (e.g. this 'Orbital30' and the Prodigy rework/remix release that was due for 2019).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:48 pm
I prefer albums over sprinkled singles. I can wait. It doesn't bother me.

At the same time, Orbital and The Prodigy both released digital singles this year.

I wish vinyl would just die out again. Causes more problems than its worth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm
Some artists digitally release their album and then the vinyl comes out a few months later. That would be the better approach if there's a backlog in getting the vinyl produced. Let people pre-order the vinyl at the time of the digital release if you want to 'guarantee' physical sales.

It seems some artists have the album ready to go, find out the vinyl won't be ready for 6 months so they postpone the release. Although there has been much made of the 'Vinyl revival', sales are still relatively tiny.

Peak music release days for me were the 1990s when artists like The Prodigy, Orbital, etc would release a single or EP every 3 months or so with an album in the middle. There didn't tend to be huge gaps between releases.

Offline Profile