<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  What Evil Lurks old question

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
As some of you know, I'm a bit of an old skool fan and for me there are two Prodigy's, the 90's Prodigy and the 00's up to now.

I remember buying all the singles on cd and 12" back then in the 90's and, after the massive success that Firestarter was in 1996, XL repressed all the singles again except Charly on vinyl (apparently the original plates were damaged or lost) and What Evil Lurks which, I still don't know why, was never pressed on cd in a time when thousands of fans all around the world were buying cd's in massive quantities.

To this day, I don't understand why they didn't press WEL in 1996, it would have been well received by the fans. Moreover, before discogs and ebay, the original 12" was still rare and expensive.

The only official source to have one of these tracks is on the 2008 Experience Expanded edition where they decided to include "Android" but the rest of the EP remains unreleased on cd. We are not talking about a small record company or a band only known by a few die-hard fans...

A generic sleeve would have been adequate too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
XL did eventually re-issue WEL about 10 years later during the Their Law period.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:03 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Aquila wrote:
XL did eventually re-issue WEL about 10 years later during the Their Law period.

never in cd, that's what I meant

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:24 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Aquila wrote:

never in cd, that's what I meant

Only a rare promo cd.
https://www.discogs.com/release/1315288 ... Evil-Lurks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:04 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
The whole single was released on an XLXV compilation promo too. I have that one. It contains the first digital copy, so with the less well cut end of one track if I remember correctly. They fixed the digital download, but it was too late obviously to fix the promo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:58 am
Arie wrote:
The whole single was released on an XLXV compilation promo too. I have that one. It contains the first digital copy, so with the less well cut end of one track if I remember correctly. They fixed the digital download, but it was too late obviously to fix the promo.

Do you know ow many copies were made of that promo? is it a cd or a cdr?

thanks

Offline Profile