<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Should Prodigy play "edited" songs live?

Should the Prodigy play "edited" versions of tracks, so that they could have time to fit an extra track or two into the setlist?

Yes
50%
[ 24 ] 50%

No
50%
[ 24 ] 50%

Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:55 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
Since we have a while until the new album comes out, to kill time, I figured I would ask this question.

Should Liam play shorter versions of songs (like SMBU, Breathe, Their Law, Poison, Firestarter), so they might have time and room for an extra song in the tracklist?

They already do this with songs like Spitfire and Voodoo people; should they do it to more tracks so they'll have time for another track?

vote/debate away..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 am
Hot ChickHot ChickPosts: 952Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 am
yes, liam should take out breathe all together or alteast remix it. and he should DEFINATLY edit tracks like Poison/smbu/firestarter to make room for new tracks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:53 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 521Location: LithuaniaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:04 pm
No way, I like originality. :evil:

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:57 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Breathe and Firestarter....totally shit right now
I wanna original versions

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:56 am
Some tracks yeah like Fezz said, Breathe could be a shorter version it usually runs 6 minutes. But i'd also like to see him maybe combine some tracks the way he did with Claustrophobic Sting & We Are The Ruffest. 2 for the price of 1! That tracks the fuckin shit! 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:39 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
Some tracks yeah like Fezz said, Breathe could be a shorter version it usually runs 6 minutes. But i'd also like to see him maybe combine some tracks the way he did with Claustrophobic Sting & We Are The Ruffest. 2 for the price of 1! That tracks the fuckin shit! 8-)

Totally agree, he could be more creative with the old stuff if he wont give us new material.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 381Location: Madrid, SpainJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 pm
Don't think so. I think the band should change a bit the setlist. Just leave out a couple of songs and add some others from show to show. But I am not into "editing songs" to leave some space to play an extra song.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 604Location: WI, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm
if not edited, remixed. I've long had the thought that Their Law needed some kind of unbelievable remix.

True, Breathe needs to be sacked immediatly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
i voted no stictly because shadowcat mentioned poison in being shortend...i would be for 15 minute version of poison if liam felt up to it...that song is fucking incredible live and i will savor every second it is played... breathe....it needs to be reworked.....but it will never be dropped from the set....as boring as it is...if went to see them for the first time and did NOT get to see Breathe....I would be pissed. Hot Ride for me is the one that just needs to stay out of the set keith just cant pull it off in my opinion...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:58 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 938Location: France, ParisJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am
Yes, of course

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:22 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 437Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:03 pm
No, leave the tracks in their value. The length of a track is a important feature. New remixes can be cool to suprised with though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Liam should keep the original ones.... if he works now on remixes of the old tunes [like he does in "No Good"] we all have to wait longer 4 next album. And I thing, he puts enough creativity into his Live-Sets... Don´t cry for more, if you usualy get more than you expected....

But small surprises are welcome, like BigSugar said....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:35 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
haha interesting...as im posting this, its tied at 50%

I voted for yes, I think shorter versions of breathe, their law, and SMBU wouldnt hurt (or we could at least try it). Id like to see an extra track, suprises are always nice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1225Location: Lisbon, PortugalJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 am
I voted no because it would take off the bollocks of the tracks.
Edited versions are used for radio play/videoclip and should never be used live!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
FinalX wrote:
I voted no because it would take off the bollocks of the tracks.
Edited versions are used for radio play/videoclip and should never be used live!

i second that....and whats with everyone wanting to shorten SMBU its always that song that gets everyone going crazy...are you saying you want to shorten the craziness? of course all of the songs get there own right of craziness but i believe that SMBU always gets the biggest response out of the crowd...couldnt justify shortening a track like that