<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Should Prodigy play "edited" songs live?

Should the Prodigy play "edited" versions of tracks, so that they could have time to fit an extra track or two into the setlist?

Yes
50%
[ 24 ] 50%

No
50%
[ 24 ] 50%

Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm
Prodigy Freak wrote:
charly says... PLAY THE FUCKIN CLAUSTROPHOBIC STING MAN!

I was in another world when he played this at Brixton that fuckin bass just booming like an earthquake 8-) Was definitely one of the highlights for me. He should keep this in the set, and it's short so it dont really affect the shows length or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:15 pm
alwayzoutnumbered wrote:
they shud play poison right from jilted for once....i know howlett sampled live drums for the breakdown, but the other parts dont have that 'uuummmph' live like when we hear it on our stereo.... studio versions gonna have more muscle live imho. imagine keef and max goin back n forth ala breathe right b4 the crecsendo!!!! 'i got the poison, i got the remedy'......sick it would be!

The live versions have more then enough "uuummmph". If anything, once you hear them live you'll have a hard time listening to the studio versions b/c they'll seem flat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:23 pm
lancha wrote:
Boubafeet wrote:
lancha wrote:
haha interesting...its split down the middle at 50-50

You're right: so what is your conclusion Mr Holmes? :wiggum:

I think using the word "edit" is throwing some people off a bit. I mean we're not talking some dodgy radio edit, we're talking about Liam doing it. I mean Spitfire '05 Version is an "edit" of the studio version, nothing wrong with that, it's better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:15 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
I think using the word "edit" is throwing some people off a bit. I mean we're not talking some dodgy radio edit, we're talking about Liam doing it. I mean Spitfire '05 Version is an "edit" of the studio version, nothing wrong with that, it's better.

I think you hit the spot right there.. in that case the outcome of the poll would be 90% positive. There are still some people that just prefer the original stuff. Most of us would like a *HELL YEAH* Wake Up Call edit or a Break and Enter '05 8-)

:wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:16 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
bah well i'll be honest, when I started the poll, I did mean shorter versions of the currently played live tracks, for example a 4 minute Breathe or the edit of SMBU. I didnt necessarily mean a reworked version of each song, because yes like you said, it'd be a landslide in voting. So instead I asked this, since it doesnt seem like the fine lot here never really mentioned it (to my knowledge, it could have happen but I dont remember)

Maybe Liam is reading this, and is considering adding something.

But that seems to be a real longshot...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1004Location: SerbiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
Prodigy Freak wrote:
charly says... PLAY THE FUCKIN CLAUSTROPHOBIC STING MAN!

I was in another world when he played this at Brixton that fuckin bass just booming like an earthquake 8-) Was definitely one of the highlights for me. He should keep this in the set, and it's short so it dont really affect the shows length or whatever.

CS is the best prodigy song live..

Offline Profile WWW ICQ