Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 75Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Anyway I don't know why can't release a remix EP, instead releasing remixes separately just because the more money...



_________________
Every action a reaction!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1020Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
So I took time to listen all remixes of need some1 and so far the best one for me is WH0 remix tied with hysterism which is very interesting. Friction is a great dnb producer but rmx is just too generic. Techno and house is now very popular and have big scene so its logic to widen they influence on that kinda scene also. I totally see some of the techno and house djs playing it.


Online Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6127Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
trigger/nuclear wrote:
Anyway I don't know why can't release a remix EP, instead releasing remixes separately just because the more money...




There will more than likely be a remixes release of some sort, at some point :?: like thay have done with previous albums.

They probably prefer the more money bit :lol:



_________________
..the whole damn city's gonna blow sky-high..
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2750Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
UN wrote:
The Prodigy - Need Some1 (Wh0 Remix)
https://youtu.be/In3PHWG3t-w
:vomit:


WOW

I can't fucking believe they would sign this remix off. How can you write a song like Ibiza on the last record, only to have this cookie-cutter, weak as fuck house track on the first single of the next?

It's seems clear where their head is at on this kind of music... I dunno how their mind works sometimes, constantly contradicting themselves.

Maybe they just let the record label handle the remixes? I can't believe that they could listen to this and go "aye stick that on the single, that's great"

Bewildered.



_________________
WHET?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2750Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
So I took time to listen all remixes of need some1 and so far the best one for me is WH0 remix tied with hysterism which is very interesting. Friction is a great dnb producer but rmx is just too generic. Techno and house is now very popular and have big scene so its logic to widen they influence on that kinda scene also. I totally see some of the techno and house djs playing it.


Any decent DJ worth their salt would go nowhere near these remixes.

They sound like someones first attempt at making house and techno. An embarrassment to both genre's and their respective scenes.



_________________
WHET?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 168Location: TenerifeJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Wh0 Remix is just generic house, a tune you'd instantly forget after listening to it on the radio or in a club. The Prodigy was always anti-house which was the mainstream and chic side of dance music. In other words, this remix is shit.

Back in the 90's (things started to get worse in 2004 with the remixes and pretty awful in 2009 onwards, with some good exceptions) remixes were carefully chosen and they complemented pretty well their ep's, to name a few;

Environmental Science was top, Dust Brothers' is legendary, Top Buzz was very good as well and some others such as DJ Hype's, Genaside II, Moby's, Empirion's...were much better than all these average remixes from the last albums.

Now call me hater as always.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 3799Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm


_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3314Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=23s&v=qeyfbCMF-rY

Wicked, like it. :-D



_________________
http://www.the-prodigy.org | Got miles and miles of smiles
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:34 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 495Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
Wh0 Remix is just generic house, a tune you'd instantly forget after listening to it on the radio or in a club. The Prodigy was always anti-house which was the mainstream and chic side of dance music. In other words, this remix is shit.

Back in the 90's (things started to get worse in 2004 with the remixes and pretty awful in 2009 onwards, with some good exceptions) remixes were carefully chosen and they complemented pretty well their ep's, to name a few;

Environmental Science was top, Dust Brothers' is legendary, Top Buzz was very good as well and some others such as DJ Hype's, Genaside II, Moby's, Empirion's...were much better than all these average remixes from the last albums.

Now call me hater as always.


I agree. Those remixes do nothing for me except for a few select ones (Rebel Radio René LaVice and Nasty Spor remixes were alright).

I'll put it down to it being that the current remixes are aimed at a younger audience. Most of the new producers I can't get into so that explains why. It's ok, we've had our time. Although it would be something to get one of those old acts to do a remix of current Prodigy stuff.



_________________
Meowain't no tourist.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 143Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
gcx wrote:
Although it would be something to get one of those old acts to do a remix of current Prodigy stuff.


that would be nice, especially that Empirion is putting out new stuff this year as well. their Firestarter remix remains my favourite among Prodge remixes.



_________________
Preparedness makes us powerful, butter merely makes us fat.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 am
GruntGruntPosts: 98Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 am
HSVV wrote:
gcx wrote:
Although it would be something to get one of those old acts to do a remix of current Prodigy stuff.


that would be nice, especially that Empirion is putting out new stuff this year as well. their Firestarter remix remains my favourite among Prodge remixes.


Absolutely great remix, that Empirion one. Can still listen to it from start to finish.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 9Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
The Empirion is definitely my favourite Prodigy remix


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:01 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 876Location: BristolJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
moaners should go and make their own remix :guns: :guns:



_________________
Get to know my music ;)
www.soundcloud.com/progressismade

www.facebook.com/progressismademusic
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:33 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 638Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Both remixes is better than the originalin my opinion, but I really dig Wh0's remix. I am a sucker for house mixes.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:25 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2750Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
moaners should go and make their own remix :guns: :guns:


Otherwise translated as “people shouldn’t have an opinion unless it’s the same as mine”.

:roll:



_________________
WHET?
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 32 of 35
511 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Prodigal Son, shadow and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum