Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:04 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 939Location: BristolJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm


_________________
Get to know my music ;)
www.soundcloud.com/progressismade

www.facebook.com/progressismademusic
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:05 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1443Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Over a year since the album came out.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6356Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
This month is 30 years since the first PA in Dalston.



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:21 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 315Location: TenerifeJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
is this the worst moment in the history of The Prodigy?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:31 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2928Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
is this the worst moment in the history of The Prodigy?


Is what the worst moment?

Maybe you forgot what happened last March?



_________________
Invisible Sun https://youtu.be/hR6p8jhgW5Q
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:27 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 315Location: TenerifeJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I mean this moment as post March 2019. It wasn't that difficult to understand, but Prodigy forums are always full of friendly people...

I mean, I sometimes think that The Prodigy as a two-piece band will not be The Prodigy anymore, even though the musical brain is Liam. There's no even point in having a one last gig with no dancers. That's the way I see it but I can see Liam releasing material on his own.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:26 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 32Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
I mean this moment as post March 2019. It wasn't that difficult to understand, but Prodigy forums are always full of friendly people...

I mean, I sometimes think that The Prodigy as a two-piece band will not be The Prodigy anymore, even though the musical brain is Liam. There's no even point in having a one last gig with no dancers. That's the way I see it but I can see Liam releasing material on his own.


I am sharing jonyintheplace's frequency only up to that point when you say Liam is the musical brain (please check my avatar).
But seems like you - among many others - are way too locked to the era where Keith was more or less the frontman of the Band..

This was not always the case as you remember the great musical eras prior to FOTL.

Me personally still want to hope and impatiently wait if they are together with Maxim willing to renew the whole concept of The Prodigy as "a duo project". This also could hopefully mean more surprise quest vocalists both on their live shows and on their hopefully forthcoming album.

In short I really like to think the death of Keith is NOT the end of their story but a start of something new and unpredictable. But I may have to accept it can be really difficult to the ones who think Keith Flint is all what ever was essential in The Prodigy. I don't get this way of thinking even if I did always acknowledge his stage charisma and powerful lyric writing skills.

All I can say we all have to let this surrender mood and self-pity go already...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2856Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Lastu wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
I mean this moment as post March 2019. It wasn't that difficult to understand, but Prodigy forums are always full of friendly people...

I mean, I sometimes think that The Prodigy as a two-piece band will not be The Prodigy anymore, even though the musical brain is Liam. There's no even point in having a one last gig with no dancers. That's the way I see it but I can see Liam releasing material on his own.


I am sharing jonyintheplace's frequency only up to that point when you say Liam is the musical brain (please check my avatar).
But seems like you - among many others - are way too locked to the era where Keith was more or less the frontman of the Band..

This was not always the case as you remember the great musical eras prior to FOTL.

Me personally still want to hope and impatiently wait if they are together with Maxim willing to renew the whole concept of The Prodigy as "a duo project". This also could hopefully mean more surprise quest vocalists both on their live shows and on their hopefully forthcoming album.

In short I really like to think the death of Keith is NOT the end of their story but a start of something new and unpredictable. But I may have to accept it can be really difficult to the ones who think Keith Flint is all what ever was essential in The Prodigy. I don't get this way of thinking even if I did always acknowledge his stage charisma and powerful lyric writing skills.

All I can say we all have to let this surrender mood and self-pity go already...


I agree with you and I add that such a tragical event as Keith's death could be crucial to understand one of the "what if?" cases. This is a very strong testbed for the guys. That reminds me someway the period in which Keith Moon died and The Who released 2 or 3 years after the album "It's Hard". They weren't the same The Who anymore, but even they tried and someway they did it, even if the best times were those in which Keith Moon played with 'em (Tommy, Quadrophenia) and so on...



_________________
https://soundcloud.com/the-spyral

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6356Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Harbinger wrote:
This month is 30 years since the first PA in Dalston.


Actually, first gig must have been 91. My bad.



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:36 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 326Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
While the live show would definitely feel Keith's loss, we've still got Leo and Ollie on stage so it's still really a foursome performance. Maxim has been the main "voice" since the beginning so it's not too dissimilar from the older performances, just switch out dancers for live drums and guitars. Having Leeroy booked as a permanent support DJ for future live gigs would smooth the transition, and strengthen the vibe for both fans and the band imho.
There's Prodigy in our future, whatever form it takes I'm happy they are continuing.



_________________
Molotov Cocktail...set the God damn place on fire!!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:32 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 32Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Jimmy Mcgroe wrote:
While the live show would definitely feel Keith's loss, we've still got Leo and Ollie on stage so it's still really a foursome performance. Maxim has been the main "voice" since the beginning so it's not too dissimilar from the older performances, just switch out dancers for live drums and guitars. Having Leeroy booked as a permanent support DJ for future live gigs would smooth the transition, and strengthen the vibe for both fans and the band imho.
There's Prodigy in our future, whatever form it takes I'm happy they are continuing.


:!: AMEN :!:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:45 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 4Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
^ This
It would be great if Leeroy supporting boys will appear introduced by Maxim to dance on the one final song or something Like Kool Keith sang the Diesel Power that one time :D
To be honest I can't understand why on the gigs supported by Ho99o9 the didn't play the FFwF



_________________
Turn the flame higher!
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 134 of 134
2007 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum